Spiritual Gifts Inventory

 

Spiritual Gifts Inventory

Instructions

Below are statements related to ministry, service, leadership, and Christian life.
Rate each statement based on how true it is of you using this scale:

ScoreMeaning
1Never true of me
2Rarely true of me
3Sometimes true of me
4Often true of me
5Very true of me

Be honest and answer based on your actual tendencies, not what you wish were true.


Inventory Questions

Teaching

  1. I enjoy explaining Scripture to others.
  2. People tell me they understand the Bible better after I teach.
  3. I naturally organize biblical truths in a clear way.
  4. I enjoy studying Scripture deeply.

Encouragement

  1. People come to me when they need hope or encouragement.
  2. I enjoy helping discouraged people keep going.
  3. I naturally speak words that strengthen others.
  4. I often notice when someone needs encouragement.

Leadership

  1. I naturally take initiative in group settings.
  2. I enjoy organizing people toward a goal.
  3. Others willingly follow my direction.
  4. I can make decisions even under pressure.

Mercy

  1. I feel deep compassion for hurting people.
  2. I am drawn toward helping the lonely or suffering.
  3. People describe me as compassionate and caring.
  4. I enjoy ministries involving care and support.

Service / Helps

  1. I enjoy serving behind the scenes.
  2. I notice practical needs before others do.
  3. I would rather help than be recognized.
  4. I enjoy supporting others so ministry can succeed.

Giving

  1. I enjoy giving financially to support ministry.
  2. I look for opportunities to bless others materially.
  3. I find joy in generosity.
  4. I am willing to sacrifice financially for God’s work.

Evangelism

  1. I naturally talk to others about Jesus.
  2. I feel burdened for people who do not know Christ.
  3. I enjoy opportunities to share the gospel.
  4. People seem responsive when I share my faith.

Shepherding / Pastoring

  1. I care deeply about the spiritual growth of others.
  2. I naturally check in on people and follow up with them.
  3. I enjoy mentoring and discipling others.
  4. People trust me with personal struggles.

Wisdom

  1. People seek my advice during difficult situations.
  2. I can often see practical biblical solutions clearly.
  3. I tend to think carefully before speaking.
  4. Others describe me as discerning and balanced.

Faith

  1. I trust God even in difficult circumstances.
  2. I often encourage others to trust God more deeply.
  3. I believe God can do things others think are impossible.
  4. I remain hopeful during uncertainty.

Administration

  1. I enjoy planning and organizing systems.
  2. I naturally create structure and order.
  3. I am good at coordinating details and schedules.
  4. I enjoy helping ministries run efficiently.

Hospitality

  1. I enjoy welcoming people into my home or church.
  2. I naturally help people feel comfortable and included.
  3. I enjoy creating warm environments for others.
  4. I notice when someone feels left out.

Scoring Sheet

Add the scores for each section:

Spiritual GiftQuestionsTotal
Teaching1–4_____
Encouragement5–8_____
Leadership9–12_____
Mercy13–16_____
Service / Helps17–20_____
Giving21–24_____
Evangelism25–28_____
Shepherding / Pastoring29–32_____
Wisdom33–36_____
Faith37–40_____
Administration41–44_____
Hospitality45–48_____

Interpreting Your Results

Score RangeMeaning
16–20Strong evidence of this gift
11–15Moderate evidence of this gift
6–10Possible secondary gift
1–5Probably not a primary gift

Important Reminder

A spiritual gifts inventory is only a tool—not a final authority. Spiritual gifts are best confirmed through:

  • Biblical faithfulness
  • Fruitfulness in ministry
  • Affirmation from other believers
  • Opportunities God provides
  • Personal joy and effectiveness in serving

The goal is not self-focus, but discovering how God has designed you to build up the body of Christ.

Key passages on spiritual gifts include:

  • Romans 12:3–8
  • 1 Corinthians 12
  • Ephesians 4:11–16
  • 1 Peter 4:10–11

Comments